Would You Build a House Without a Plan?
Or Drive Cross-Country Without a Map?
Or Write a Book Without an Outline?
Then why would you not make a plan for your website before starting to build or re-design one?
Before You Build or Re-Design Your Website
Before you build your website, make a plan for it. Use the Here Next Year Essential Website Pre-Flight Document to Put Your Plan to Paper First
From the Desk of Marty Dickinson
President, Here Next Year, LLC.
Dear Fellow Website Owner,
I’ve made a living from my own websites for 20+ years and built a services business helping more than 300 others with their Internet projects. My #1 mistake at the beginning was not only a lack of planning, but it was down right being against planning. Period!
That all changed after a few thousand dollars disappeared down the drain pipe and about 2,000 wasted man hours were never to be seen again.
I finally realized I had to get my act together. I decided to have my first website re-designed and vowed that my process would be much different. I would make a detailed plan before the first line of code would be written or the first pixel of design was jpg-ed.
The results were amazing.
- My designer did NOT have to go through 15 revisions to make the design I wanted, even though I really couldn’t conceptualize the concept in my mind.
- My programmer did NOT come back to me wanting more money because I had not clearly outlined the project.
- My website development turnaround time was reduced 73% compared to the first implementation a year earlier (based on number of days). Incredible!
- My website DID appear higher on search engines faster than it ever had before because my pages were optimized as part of the design process instead of months after-the-fact.
- My website DID convert more visitors to paying customers because I had clearly defined for my designer exactly the kind of visitor I was targeting.
- My website DID attract and inspire a large enough group of people in under a year that I could claim it as one of the most popular sites of its kind in the industry.
What is the Essential Website Pre-Flight Document?
Where many designers will just ask you to send some photos, a logo, and some MS Word documents full of content, the Here Next Year Essential Pre-Flight methodically takes you through an 18-page process to help you accomplish three things:
- Save Money – Your designer/developer will be able to quote your project accurately–the first time around.
- Save Time – You will focus your energy on answering the questions rather than trying to think of the questions you should be asking.
- Enjoy Faster Return on Your Investment – Various Internet promotion techniques are integrated into the pre-flight process.
How Does the Website Pre-Flight Work?
It’s simple. The Essential Website Pre-Flight is an MS Word document that you download to your computer after your order is placed. Step-by-step, you are to answer the questions related to your company, target market, products and design desires. Print the entire document or answer the questions in-line. With these questions answered, you can easily hand them to any web designer or developer to show them exactly what you’re looking for in a website.
More specifically, the Here Next Year Essential Pre-Flight is divided into these sections:
- Basic company contact information
- Your intended website strategy
- Book description (if you are published or self-published
- Business description
- Existing website details
- Home page requirements
- “Mobile Responsive” requirements
- Personal website preferences
- Audience and prospect profile
- Your design and layout interests
- Specific page content
- Main keyword phrases for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Additional components you might not have thought of yet
Of course, that’s a very very basic outline of the process. Our pre-flight will guide you step-by-step through getting those questions answered. Here’s a visual sample of what you’ll get.
Nowhere Will You Find Anything Like This
If I had to sit down with you to personally go through these questions and help you develop the answers, you would have to pay me more than $1,000 in one-on-one consulting time!
“The Website Pre-Flight helped me to have a better connection with my designer as we were able to work on answering the questions together. The design process was much more of a team effort with us working with the same plan.”
— Mandy Zeigler, EnspritingPress.com
“I didn’t know where I’d find the time to complete a questionnaire, but I’m glad I did. The pre-flight really helped me bring all my thoughts together and actually saved me time in the long run.”
— Jim Moores, TroutMobile.com
“I require my new website clients to complete the Website Pre-Flight because creating a website is not just about design but a variety of marketing pieces that all have to come together for the design process.”
— Sheila Hentges, Hentges Design
Get Immediate Access to this 18-Page MS Word document where you can type the answers, customize the questions, add new questions and save to your computer for distribution to design companies for bids. Just $27!
We look forward to hearing how our website pre-flight has helped YOU with your project.
All the best,
President, Here Next Year, LLC.
Success Follows Steps