Get More Website Traffic with the Ultimate Website Traffic Building Plan
What is the first thing that comes to mind as a way to get more website traffic? Most people today believe Facebook ads or YouTube videos are *the only* way to get predictable traffic to a website.
Some might think a television ad during the Super Bowl would be the ultimate website traffic builder.
To be realistic, though, most of us think getting traffic for free from Google’s organic search results is still the way to go. After all, Google will list your website on top of its search results at no cost to you, right? Sort of, but not exactly.
Do You Even Need a Website?
Then there is the growing question whether you even need a website when the internet is already so inundated with content.
I believe the only people who would give up on having a website are those not getting enough website visitors who are capable and willing to buy what is being sold on the website.
With all of that in mind, we need to set your expectations for getting more traffic to your website.
There are Really Only Five Ways to Get Traffic to your Website, Including:
- Spending the time yourself to buy traffic online (Google AdWords for example)
- Spending the time yourself to acquire free traffic (SEO, JVs, Posting to Social Media)
- Pay someone to buy online traffic for you (SEM Management Companies)
- Pay someone for their time to get free traffic for you (Social Networking Agencies)
- Barter someone’s time for something you can offer in exchange.
With that in mind, there is just no way to say this in a beat-around-the-bush sort of way when we say that…
There is No Free Website Traffic on the Internet Even with Top Search Positions on Google
We too had to discover this fact—the hard way I might add. But, when we did, our eyes were opened to so many new ways for how to approach traffic generation that we would use for years to come for our own projects as well as for Here Next Year clients.
Our Process for Developing 101 Realistic Traffic Methods
- Research, discover, and document as many possible traffic methods as possible.
- Try all (or at least most) of the methods so that we know what we are recommending to others.
- Eliminate those that produce no traffic at all or are just not worth it and keep those that do work.
- Rank each traffic method by cost, ease of implementation, speed of implementation, expected ROI, and necessity (some things you just have to do).
- Number the traffic strategies into a sequence for implementation.
Get More Traffic to Your Website with this List of Traffic Generators
NOTE: The list of realistic website traffic methods are listed below in alphabetical order. They are not listed in order of preference, ranking or any other order to suggest you should implement one before another.
If you would like a free Excel template with all 101 website traffic listed and prioritized, join our LIFETIME FREE A.C.T.I.O.N. Club.
- Acquire Sponsorships for a Virtual Live Event
- Add a Postscript to Every Outgoing Email
- Add a Voting Script to Your Website
- Add Posts to Your Social Networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Add Share Buttons to Every Post
- Become a Beta Reader for Soon-to-be-Published Books and Supply a Blurb that Gets Added to the Beginning of the Book.
- Become an Active Member of an Association
- Build and Launch a Supporting Website
- Build Opt-in Lists and Send Broadcast Emails
- Buy Ad Space on High Traffic Websites
- Comment on Other Peoples’ Blog Posts
- Conduct a Live Webinar
- Conduct a Milti-Day Virtual Live Conference
- Conduct and Host a One-Day Virtual Live Summit
- Conduct Surveys and Publish Your Statistical Results
- Co-op Promotion (Shared Ad Expenses)
- Coordinated Book Launch on Amazon
- Create a Bonus Area and Invite Book Buyers to Go There
- Create a Facebook Group…and Run it Properly
- Create a Page of Text Snippets or Written Quotes that Others Can Use to Quote You
- Create Video Bytes or Snippets
- Deliver Post Cards and Flyers Through Traditional Mail or Handout
- Develop a Web-Based Tool Your Potential Clients will Use
- Develop Business Cards that Work and Hand them Out
- Develop Merchandise Around Your Business
- Donate Your Services in Exchange for Publicity
- FACILITATE a 1- to 2-Hour Virtual Live Event Where the Only Speaker is an Well-Known Industry Authority (Yes, you can even get highly paid speakers to speak for you for free if you do it right)
- Farm it ALL Out
- Follow News Stories in Your Niche and Participate in Discussion
- Gain Mention on .Edu or .Gov Sites
- Get Articles Published in Trade Magazines (Airplanes)
- Get Listed in Business or Niche Directories
- Get Reviews for Your Business
- Get Your Product Reviewed by a Celebrity
- Get Your Website Listed in Local Networks
- Ghost Promotion
- Give Away a Portion of Sales Revenue to a Common Cause
- Give Your Ebook or Printed Book Away (Lots of possibilities)
- Guest Blog for Others
- Guest on Podcasts and Radio Talk Shows
- Hire a Website Promotion Coach
- Hold a Contest
- Host a Virtual Live Meeting or Online Networking Group
- HOST Live In-Person Events
- Host Your Own Traditional or Internet Radio Talk Show
- Improve Your Website’s Architecture
- Interview Other Experts
- Invite Guest Bloggers to Post on Your Website
- Join a Mastermind Group
- Join Facebook Groups that Have Promotion Days and Post Your Offer or Link to One of Your Recent Blog Posts Every Week
- Joint Venture with Others
- Launch a Mobile Marketing Campaign
- Launch a Pay-per-Lead Campaign
- Live Video (One to Many) Facebook Live
- Live Video (One to One) Facetime
- Make a Book Trailer Video
- Ning.com – Create Your Own Social Network Community
- Offer a Free Workshop
- Offer a Video Testimonial
- Outbound Intentional Mining on Social Networks
- Paid Facebook and Instagram Ads
- Paid Google Ads
- Paid YouTube Ads
- Participate in a Forum or Discussion Board
- Participate in Clubhouse Discussions or Co-Moderate Someone Else’s Room or Club (Still iPhone Only)
- Participate in Other Peoples’ Facebook Groups
- Participate in Virtual Live Networking Groups
- Partner with Your Vendors and Suppliers
- Pay People to Write Lots of Blog Posts for You
- Pay to Appear on Local Television
- Pitch Local Media to Cover Your Expert Topic
- Premiums (Cups, Pens, Magnets)
- Present on Virtual Live Events
- Press Release Campaign
- Promote and Conduct a Free Live Training Class
- Promote to National Media (HARO)
- Provide a Video Tutorial for a Software, Product or Process
- Purchase Website Ad Space
- Register a Domain Name for Your Opt-in Offer Page So it’s Easier to Tell People About Verbally and Easier for You to Remember When Posting About it. (We recommend BestDomainPlace.com)
- Sending Unsolicited Email (Targeted Spam)
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Short-Term Banner Exchange
- Showcase Your Website on Your Social Network Profile (Facebook Sidebar)
- Solo Ads in Targeted Newsletters
- Speak at Live In-Person Events
- Sponsor an Association Where Your Website Visitors Participate
- Start a Podcast
- Start a Referral Rewards Program for Your Services and Let People Know About it
- Start a YouTube Channel and Build a Collection of Videos
- Start an Affiliate Program for Your Products
- Start an Award
- Start an In-Person Meetup.com Group
- Start and Host a Clubhouse Club
- Support Others’ Blogs by Becoming an Active Commenter
- Traditional Signage, Banners, Car Markings and Wraps
- Vehicle Detail and Wrappers
- Word of Mouth Self-Promotion
- Write a Column for Trade Magazine
- Write and Launch a Book
- Write Detailed Posts of High Value and Add to Medium with a Link to Your Website in Your Signature Line
- Write or Record a Lead Magnet and Promote it Everywhere
How to Make Your Website Traffic Building Plan with This List
- Ease of implementation
- Speed of implementation
- Expected ROI
Get Our 101 Website Traffic Building Excel File for Easy and Fast Prioritizing
We have created a very basic Excel file with the most current list of traffic methods already sorted for you by cost, ease, speed, ROI and necessity. Just change any of the numbers based on your experience and resources and then re-sort the list by the Totals column.
PLUS! We will send alerts whenever we add, change or remove a traffic building method on the list…for FREE for LIFE!