Watch this Video Before You Try to Get Booked for Podcasts as a Speaker
On my 11th episode of Positive People Progressing, I interviewed podcast booking expert, Marie Incontrera. As with all of my interviews, the 30 minutes went by like a blink of an eye. But, Marie did a great job of supplying several $10,000 nuggets, as I call them.
If you’ve been thinking of guesting on podcasts, you’re going to want to listen to the recording of this one.
First, let’s cover some basics about podcasting.
What IS Podcasting?
Podcasting is creating a video or audio, recording it, and then storing it into podcast directories (iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher) where people who listen to podcasts can access them.
Why Should You be Speaking on Podcasts?
More than 100,000,000 people have listened to podcasts. You need to be where people are.
Benefits of Becoming a Podcast Speaker
As I mentioned above, I found a statistic the day of my show that 100,000,000 (yes, that’s one hundred MILLION) people have listened to at least one podcast. Marie, my guest on the show, reported podcast listening has increase 40% this year alone! If that’s not enough to incentivize you to get on podcasts NOW, here are some more benefits, including:
- Enjoy sharing your story with others.
- Get to know each other through a conversation.
- Demonstrate your speaking style to others considering hiring you for speaking gigs.
- Gain acceptance into new communities.
- Build awareness of your expertise.
- Expand the reach of your message.
- Develop your virtual live presentation skills.
- Get seen by other podcasters and invited to guest on their shows.
- Enjoy higher search positions on Google search for your name and website.
- Grow your email list.
- Give a direct offer to a listening audience.
- Repurpose the recording in ways other than just the podcast.
Watch the Full Interview Recording About Getting on Podcasts as a Guest Speaker Featuring Marie Incontrera
Join Us Live Next Wednesday
Join us for episode #12 where I will dig deep with Andrew Kaplan, author of the #1 Amazon Best Seller, “The Last Law of Attraction You’ll Ever Need.” Lots of people talk about how to get a #1 best seller today, but Andrew is actually doing it!
Your first step is to join the Facebook Group where all of our interviews are conducted live every Wednesday. Ask questions in the comments area during the show and we will answer them live.