Anybody can churn out a website these days. And, many resources exist where that website can even be free of charge to produce and store. But, we as authors and speakers have a much different requirement than the average person, don’t we?
My name is Marty Dickinson and I started this company 15 years ago. Today, I’m a published author and speaker, and I just happen to know a bit about Internet marketing too. Put those three pieces together and you’ve got a winning combination when you’re looking for help with your website.
Here’s a free tip: One of the most important objectives you should have with your website is to appear like you know the game of the speaking and book business.
I’m putting those two categories together, of course, because if your book takes off, you’ll eventually be asked to speak. If you are a good speaker, eventually you will get called on to write a book.
If you are going after $7,500 keynotes, you’d better have a website that looks like you’re a $7,500 keynote speaker (or more!); and, I’m not just talking graphics. You need to have the pieces and parts that a meeting planner or speakers bureau expects to see when they get to your website.
And, this is what sets HereNextYear apart.
Our preferred web-based content management software (CMS) is WordPress. We believe WordPress is the ultimate system for speakers and authors in particular and we can even give you 35 reasons why WordPress is better than any traditionally made website, like those made with Dreamweaver, FrontPage, Website Tonight or some other web-based template system.
Why? Because you have a message to bring to the world. You need to have a method of delivering pieces of that message from wherever you are in the world…whenever you want to…through page updates and BLOG posts. Yes, WordPress is used for your entire website + your blog.
Plus, WordPress is simple to support. If you already have a WordPress website and your designer has jumped ship, it’s easy for a team like ours to jump in and give you the support you need.
In our view, EVERY author and speaker should be using WordPress. Period.
Here is our process for creating custom WordPress websites
for authors and speakers around the world!
- Your story – Every speaker and author has a “story.” It’s called your “signature story.” We want you to tell us what your message is that you need to get out to the world.
- The website pre-flight – Every new HereNextYear client completes a planning document full of questions about your intentions with your project. This document saves us about 10 hours of time and probably the same on your end too because it gets your plan on paper. We even sell this document on our website because it’s so helpful to use before even a minute is spent on creating the website itself.
- The planning meeting – We Skype with clients around the world but we’d love to meet you in person, if possible, to craft the initial plan for your website. This meeting also allows us to find what missing pieces you might not yet have that are vital to promoting you as a speaker. Some of these include: a one-sheet, a video of you speaking, price list and more.
- The hand-written drawing - We will create a hand-written drawing of what the three of us feel is the best approach for your website
- 3 custom design comps – That drawing is submitted to our design team where you will receive three custom designed compositions for review. Usually pieces and parts of all three are used for the final
- WordPress setup – While design is working away, we are setting up WordPress on our dedicated web servers (or your current hosting account). From there, will work on adding content to your pages.
- Popeye’s Spinach! – We install more than 20 plugins to your website to make things really hum. This is where automation to your social networks happens, security from website hackers is prevented, and your door to syndicating audio and video is opened! It’s like having a website that just downed a can of Popey’s spinach!
- Add design to WordPress – When the design is finished, we break the design into little pieces and program those little pieces into the WordPress content management system (CMS).
- WordPress training - The whole idea of having WordPress to power your website is so that you can maintain your own content, upload photos, post videos, even do your own search engine optimization (SEO) for your website. As easy as WordPress is to use, you will see the greatest value of our entire package to be training and support for your website (rare to find in this industry).
- WordPress support – We will support your WordPress website on a case-by-case basis as needed. We might not hear from you for a days, weeks, or even months. But, when you do need someone to answer the phone, you’ll be happy to hear a familiar voice of someone already familiar with your project.
Once we have the official project kick off meeting, the entire process takes two weeks or less. So, you could be enjoying the benefits of your new WordPress website for your speaking and writing business easily within the next month. But, only if you take action now.
If you already have a website and just want the current design to be migrated to WordPress, we can help there too. Tell us a bit about your website and we’ll supply you with WordPress transfer quote.
Get a Quick Quote
[Note: If you are more of a business owner than an author or speaker, we have a special website package just for you! Checkout our business websites area for details.]