Laurie Guest, CSP is doing a great job at NSA Colorado providing us with “93” How Ways to Get Booked and Paid” as a speaker.
What an interesting approach to describing the sales cycle in the shape of an “R”.
- People start out as Shoppers and then they move to
- Buyers…but it doesn’t end there! They progress into
- Fans. And, that’s where things get interesting because you have the opportunity to potentially turn them into
- Advocate. And, that’s where the REAL money begins!
Here are some one-liners I picked up from her talk:
Make a trailer video that focuses on how you want the viewer to feel by the end. Laurie’s approach gets people to want to have a cup of coffee, for example.
Trailer video objective should be “what do you want me to feel?”
- Only 25% of speakers have their website showing up on the top of Google when someone types their name.
- Use what’s called a Carrot Pitch – Don’t say “we don’t have time today to talk about, say “I also sometimes cover…”. Position it as “what additional I can do for you.”
- “Leave with the lead!” – What a great saying!
The final thing I’ll report on with this blog post is what Laurie calls “Sweet Spot Pricing.” When you’re asked How much do you charge?” You’ve left money on your table or out-priced yourself. Well, we have something for every budget. Would you tell me a bit more about your event?”
Special thanks to Laurie for coming to Denver Colorado and she is someone you should definitely connect with. Here’s a link to her main website and be sure to connect with her on social media.