If you think business networking doesn’t work and you are just wasting your time attending networking events and passing out business cards, try using video in your networking efforts. Here are 7 benefits of business networking using video that I’ve discovered over the past two years with the rise of popularity of using video and live video such as Facebook Live.
- Faster Judgment – They say “don’t judge a book by its cover.” But, let’s face it. When it comes to choosing if we want to get closer to someone on the Internet, we make decisions based on how people look and what they say in their writing. Now, add video to the list. We can now make instant judgments on people based on the way they look, sound, AND present themselves. This can go in your favor when business networking online when you take the proper steps to present yourself well on recorded video and live video.
- Emotional Alignment – Along the same lines as faster judgment, video in business networking allows you to evaluate how a person’s emotions align with yours. You get to read their body language, facial expressions, eye contact and movement, smile, and emphasis on wording to see if that person’s emotions compliment your own.
- Language Compatibility – In one of my business networking sessions, we had a guest that I simply could not understand anything he was saying because his accent was so thick. Networking using video gives you quick insights as to how you can work with someone or even choose not to because your languages might simply not be compatible.
- More Confidence in Web-Based Meeting Technology – I’m definitely more confident with the technology as a result of conducting business networking events using live video. Participants who attend my online networking events have benefited from the repetition of presenting themselves using online meeting technology.
- Stronger relationships – You meet someone once at a networking event and you might get a business card. Connect with someone at an online networking event and you’ll connect with them on social networks and see them on a live video meeting in the future as well.
- More leads and sales – I know, I know, this is the only thing that’s important to people these days when getting involved with anything online…”Will it make me money?!” Yes, I have had participants refer business to me just as I have referred people to them and participants have told me the same. Think more deeply than the obvious, though.
- Opportunity – Probably the most important benefit I’ve discovered about business networking using video is how much opportunity there is for people to get used to Live Video and start using it daily, if not weekly, in their businesses. People come on to our monthly networking sessions for the first time and they’re at one place in their ability to communicate. Some are very novice while others are quite proficient in presenting themselves. Yet, after a few sessions, you can see the difference in absolutely everyone that attends. Something improves every single time for every single person.
Business networking using video is the fastest and most accurate way to decide if you want to work further with a person on a business level. We still provide occasional business networking events. If you would like to be notified when we have our next event, join our main email list by opting-in using the form below. You will also be introduced to our 6-Step A.C.T.I.O.N. System, which hundreds have used to expand or start their businesses.