September is here. Labor Day week is behind us, as well as some pretty treacherous weather and other catastrophes. The show must go on and it’s time to get back into gear with Live Networking at Here Next Year.
This summer I was thinking of all the ways our Live Video, web-based, online networking sessions have helped me personally over the past year. I’m sure the list is more, but here are the five that come to mind first.
- More confidence in web-based meeting technology – I’m definitely more confident with the technology related to conducting an online networking or educational event. I used to start the sessions 40 minutes ahead of time just to make sure there were no glitches. Now, I arrive about 10 minutes before because I know everything will work.
- More comfortable overseeing the event – I’ve been in Toastmasters for more than ten years, so running a public event is nothing new for me. But, a lot of circumstances and situations arise during an online event that never occur with an in person live event. It’s been a good experience to work through all of those new and different happenings.
- Stronger relationships – You meet someone once at a networking event and you might get a business card. Connect with someone at an online networking event and you’ll connect with them on social networks and see them on a live video meeting in the future as well. It’s been great to reconnect with people I haven’t seen in a long time as well as seeing a lot of new faces in the group as well.
- More leads and sales – I know, I know, this is the only thing that’s important to people these days when getting involved with anything online…”Will it make me money?!” Yes, I have had participants refer business to me just as I have referred people to them and participants have told me the same. Think more deeply than the obvious, though.
- Opportunity – Probably the most important thing I’ve learned is how much opportunity there is for people to get used to Live Video and start using it daily, if not weekly, in their businesses. People come on to our monthly networking sessions for the first time and they’re at one place in their ability to communicate. Some are very novice while others are quite proficient in presenting themselves. Yet, after a few sessions, you can see the difference in absolutely everyone that attends. Something improves every single time for every single person.
That’s what inspired me to get this monthly networking group back into gear this September; the progress our attendees make from month to month in their Live Video presentation skills. Will you join us?
If public speaking is the nation’s #1 fear, Live Video must be #2. What are you doing to practice Live Video so that you overcome your fear of it?
Get Started with Live Video
Join us every 2nd Wednesday for an hour of networking. It’s FREE! You won’t even realize that you’re actually learning how to improve your Live Video communication skills because you’ll be having so much fun along the way!
Meeting time is always 9-10 a.m. (Mountain Time), that’s 11-12 noon (Eastern), 10-11 a.m. (Central), 8-9 a.m. (Pacific).
Current Dates Scheduled are:
Wed., September 13, 2017 | Wed., October 11, 2017 | Wed., November 8, 2017 | Wed., December 15, 2017
Register Now. FREE to Attend!
Get access login, instructions, and announcements